Our friends at Modiphius just announced three books for their Conan role-playing game. Here’s the press release.
Modiphius is delighted to announce a titanic triple with the release of three brand new print books for our Conan Adventures in an Age Undreamed of RPG, Conan The Pirate, Conan Nameless Cults and Conan: Ancient Ruins and Cursed Cities!
All three are available in print for the very first time, joining the existing PDFs as part of our Conan Collection on Modiphius.net.
Here are the exciting details on these brand new source books for Conan’s Hyborian Age which open up a wealth of new adventures.
CONAN THE PIRATE: Welcome to the high seas!
TO THE DEVIL WITH EMPTY SEAS! WE’RE BOUND FOR WATERS WHERE THE SEAPORTS ARE FAT, AND THE MERCHANT SHIPS ARE CRAMMED WITH PLUNDER!”
The Hyborian world is home to many dangerous people, and none are more savage, ruthless, or dastardly than its pirates, the scourge of the high seas. A menace to civilization itself, these seagoing bandits have their own ways, customs, and traditions, and Conan the Pirate explores pirates and the pirate world.
- With this volume, CONAN characters can embark on campaigns of piracy, plunder, and high adventure! So, unsheathe your cutlass and ready yourself for a boarding action, to seize plunder and glory for your captain and fellow buccaneers!
- New archetypes such as the Marine, Galley Slave, Merchant Captain, and Smuggler round out the archetypes from the CONAN corebook.
- Pirate-themed talents, backgrounds, and gear, allowing you to create your own unique pirate characters, ready to plunder from the wealthy.
- A gazetteer covering the coastal kingdoms that Conan raided during his years as a pirate.
- A guide to running pirate campaigns, with all-new rules for piracy and plunder, and pirate events describing what happens between adventures.
- Conan described at the height of his pirate career, along with the crew of the Tigress.
- Statistics for ships — from the Argossean bireme to the Zingaran carrack — and a ship to- ship combat system that allows player characters to pit their own vessels against their enemies on the high seas.
NAMELESS CULTS: A world of Gods, Demons and Monsters
“I HAVE KNOWN MANY GODS. HE WHO DENIES THEM IS AS BLIND AS HE WHO TRUSTS THEM TOO DEEPLY. I SEEK NOT BEYOND DEATH.”
Nameless Cults is the Gamemaster’s indispensable guide to the cosmology, gods, cults, and otherworldly entities of Conan’s world and time. This sourcebook addresses the many gods and godlike entities of the Hyborian Age, delving into their cults, their priesthoods, and the strange and terrible rites of their followers!
- Descriptions of major deities like stern and remorseless Crom; Bori, father-god to the Hyborians; benevolent Mitra; sensual Ishtar; and the serpent god Set.
- Minor gods such as Asura, Derketa, and Bel; and regional cults such as that of Alkmeenon, the cannibals of Zamboula, and the immortality seeking Zugite cult.
- Writeups of potent foes and allies such as Thog the Mighty and the eminent Kalanthes of Hanumar, enemy of Thoth-Amon.
- Descriptions of sacred relics and tomes such as the Bone Rattle of Jhebbal Sag, the Fire-Jewel of Hell, and the Tablets of Destiny.
- New cult member archetypes, including the Cultist, Oracle, Philosopher, and Pilgrim, with stories, backgrounds, and other suggestions for roleplaying the faithful.
- Horrific, mind-bending lore about the Old Ones: Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, and other terrible deities of the Cthulhu Mythos created by H.P. Lovecraft and integrated into Howard’s Hyborian Age.
- Stunning art from new and renowned Conan artists.
ANCIENT RUINS & CURSED CITIES: Welcome to the Ruins
SOMEWHERE IN THESE PRIMITIVE FORESTS WERE THE RUINS OF AN ANCIENT, ACCURSED CITY, MEN WHISPERED, AND AMONG ITS TOMBS SLUNK GRAY, ANTHROPOMORPHIC SHADOWS…
The Hyborian world in the time of Conan teems with remote and forgotten places, brimming with danger and secrets. Ancient Ruins & Cursed Cities is the ultimate Gamemaster reference for bringing these crumbling ruins and remote locales to life in Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of.
- Descriptions of famous ruins from Conan’s adventures, including Kuthchemes, Alkmeenon, and the ruined city along the Black Coast where Bêlit met her fate.
- New places inspired by the writings of Robert E. Howard — including the Nameless City, the mountain resort-city of Kamula, Lemurian and Atlantean ruins, and other settings from before the Cataclysm — as well as locales from the Cthulhu Mythos stories of H.P. Lovecraft such as R’lyeh, the City of the Old Ones, and others.
- Doom and Momentum spends specific to these locations, and story seeds to inspire gamemasters in crafting new CONAN adventures.
- A ruins generation system allowing Gamemasters to create their own ancient ruins and cursed cities.
- Write-ups of diabolical and powerful entities such as ka-ghouls; the servants of Bit-Yakin; nightmare mounts; Thugra Khotan; and Gyatha, Master of the Black City.
- Rules for exploring and moving through ruins, dodging traps, and environmental effects to avoid.
- Treasures of renown such as the Teeth of Gwahlur, the Dagger of Derketa, the Staff of Epemitreus, and others, as well as a treasure hoard generation system and new item qualities.
Developed with leading Conan scholars, these three source books reveal a wealth of new information, detail and adventure to create your own stories in the Hyborian Age, it’s Conan’s world brought to life just as Robert E Howard imagined it!